The Ancient Kingdom of Fife is perhaps most famous because of St Andrews, the undisputed home of golf. But it’s not just about St Andrews. It is almost unnecessary to say that the Royal and Ancient Golf Club and the various courses have not just shaped the town, but seep into its very heart. But there is more than just the St Andrew’s courses; there are many other charming and historic courses include Crail, Elie, Lundin and Leven Links, Ladybank Kingsbarns and The Castle course. We are not far from Carnoustie and the famous Open Qualifying courses at Downfield, Panmure and Monifieth as well. Many of the local courses were originally designed by Tom Morris.
Local Golf Courses
- Kingarrock Hickory Golf is the only remaining hickory golf course in the UK and was first established in 1924. Over the years we have welcomed British and US Open Champions. Now we offer you the unique opportunity to follow in their footsteps and test your own skills on our challenging 9-hole, 2022yd course.
- St Andrews Links The 7 ‘main’ courses of the home of golf including the Old Course.
- Cupar Probably the oldest 9 hole golf course in the world; a great hillside course
- Leven Links a championship course that host leading amateur and professional tournaments.
- Lundin Links a magnificent links course on the Fife coastline wonderful views over the Firth of Forth.
- Ladybank A classic heathland course of championship status set amongst heather, pine trees and silver birch.
- St Michaels, Leuchars The original course was extended in 1996 to become an 18 hole course; it can be play through all 12 months of the year.
- Kingsbarns Golf was resurrected here at the dawning of the 21st Century; building on the site of a historic links of Kingsbarns Bay.
- Scotscraig, Tayport The world’s 13th oldest club; don’t let this championship mix of Heathland and Links be unlucky for you.
- Carnoustie Links A championship golf course that hosts the Open Championship.
- Panmure Golf Club The course, close to Carnousite, combines the best elements of links and heathland courses.
- Downfield Golf Club Set in scenic parkland, Dundee’s premier course is a said to be challenge to every golfer regardless ability.